[news]Nearly every portrait photographer will find themselves needing to shoot some headshots at some point. The third class in our comprehensive studio lighting course focuses on creating highly polished, professional headshot portraits using 3 lights and a reflector.[/news]
[info]This class includes access to a dedicated head shots lighting section on our exclusive REDred Photo ONLINE Student Forum. There, you’ll find detailed course notes, lighting diagrams, equipment suggestions, discounts on studio rental, and more. [/info]
Each 2-part class in our studio lighting course includes an interactive demo session and an exciting, hands-on lighting lab session, plus access to our exclusive online course notes, lighting diagrams, and discussion and critique forums.
The third class in our comprehensive studio lighting program expands on previous classes by incorporating additional lights, reflectors, and modifiers to produce highly polished, professional headshot style portraits.
The demo session starts by reviewing key concepts from previous classes. We’ll then build upon the single-light techniques already introduced by adding hair lights and background lights. We’ll work with color gels and additional modifiers to create various lighting styles and background effects.
The lab session provides a live shooting environment for students to practice what they’ve learned so far. Students will be presented with a number of example images and asked to determine what lights and modifiers were used. Students will then work together to recreate similar images with live models while the instructor provides guidance.
- Detailed interactive demo class full of technical information and lighting theory
- Hands-on lab session with live models and group collaboration
- Access to our exclusive online content including course notes, lighting diagrams, and student forums
- Creating depth and separation with hair lights and background lights
- Using grids and color gels to create background lighting effects
- Controlling spill light with grids and flags
[tabbed tabs=”What You’ll Need: | Prerequisites: | Follow Up With: “]
[tab]Students are not required to bring any equipment to the demo session
Lab sessions require the following:
– DSLR with standard flash hot shoe *
– Fully charged battery
– Memory card
* Sony cameras use a proprietary flash shoe which requires an adapter for use with non-sony equipment.
[/tab] [tab]Studio Lighting 1: Introduction
Studio Lighting 2: Lighting Ratios and Classic Portrait Styles[/tab] [tab]Studio Lighting 4: Dramatic Lighting Techniques
Studio Lighting 5: Speed Lights and the Location Studio[/tab]